School counselling role with competitive salary and benefits
Part time positions available
We are currently seeking a Student and Family Counsellor to provide therapeutic interventions, including individual counselling and group programs to students enrolled in Catholic schools in beautiful Cooma, NSW.
As a Student and Family Counsellor you will be an integral part of a school’s pastoral care program and will work with students, families and school staff to build safety, recovery, relationships and resilience for a child / young person’s social, emotional and educational wellbeing.
Your duties include:
- Individual and family counselling with children and families from your schools;
- Develop and implement therapeutic/psychoeducational groups for student cohorts and year/assembly presentations
- Develop and implement professional development for school staff
- Practice according to social work and psychology ethics /values and practice principles
- Ensure that clinical and administrative standards are maintained in accordance with the Program’s policies
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives - we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Qualifications in Social Work (including eligibility for membership of Australian Association of Social Workers) or registered with AHPRA as a Psychologist or Degree qualified counsellors with registrations with ACA or PACFA (level 3 or 4)
- Experience in providing evidence based therapeutic interventions with children, young people and their families.
- Knowledge of issues affecting children, young people and families and current approaches to assist wellbeing, supporting recovery and building relationships and resilience.
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a child safety framework that is client centred and family focused.
- Excellent relationship building skills to maintain effective stakeholder relationships with schools and community interagency partners; provide a consultation service to school staff and promote the counselling service to the local community.
- Proven experience and ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations and to students presenting with complex needs
- Basic computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and simple data bases
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Be double vaccinated against COVID-19
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Please download the selection criteria:SFC PD 2021
Please send your applications to: email@example.com
Please submit your application no later than COB 19th May 2022
CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.