- Part-time positions offering flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- Minimum 30 hours per fortnight + some sleepover shifts
- Minimum 66 hours per fortnight + some sleepovers
- 2 year contract
- Opportunity to work in partnership with CAMHS services to support vulnerable young people in the ACT
- Fun, innovative team environment
CatholicCare Canberra Goulburn has an exciting opportunity for a passionate mental health recovery worker to join our STEPS Program, for a 2 year part time contract with the possibility of extension. With an established team and on-the-job mentoring, you will receive all the support required. The successful applicant will have the chance to work with young people experiencing mental illness within a sub-acute residential setting, working in close partnership with the Child and Adolescent Mental health Services Team.
We are currently seeking two Mental Health Recovery workers to join our STEPS Program in Canberra.
THE PROGRAM-YOUR TEAM
CatholicCare and ACT Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) work in partnership to operate STEPS. The STEPS Program provides 24 hour residential support to young people aged 13 to 18 years who have moderate to severe mental illness. The program is a step up/step down model working within a case management framework to assist young people to identify recovery goals and work towards these with their CAMHS clinician and their other supports, including family. The program services young people from across the whole of the ACT.
POSITION PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
As a mental health recovery worker, you will provide quality case management, which is client focused and strength based. You will be working with young people in mental distress and their families. This position requires effective time management, liaison and administration skills. You will be required to work with minimal supervision, as well as working effectively within a large team.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
WHAT WE OFFER
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
HOW TO APPLY:
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations
- Effective communication across the broad spectrum of community stakeholders
- Promote positive team dynamics
- Well established professional boundaries
- Ability to work within a recovery framework
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each selection criteria in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages). Selection criteria can be found in the position descriptions located on our website.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Selection criteria can be found in the potion descriptions located here :STEPS Mental Health Revovery Worker Duty Statement
Please send your applications to:
- a current drivers licence, and WWVP card
- a minimum Cert IV in Mental Health
- you will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
Closing Date: COB Monday the 24th July 2017
CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn is committed to equal opportunity in employment, and encourages applications from Mental Health Peer Workers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.