Integrated counselling role with competitive salary and benefits
Full Time and/or Part Time position
CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic part-time / full time Psychologist or Mental health Accredited Social Worker to join the team working in the Counselling Portfolio. This position offers variety and works across the age span.
We are currently seeking a Clinician to join the Counselling team and provide therapeutic counselling to children, adults and families with a focus on relationships and mental health.
With the integrated model utilised by CatholicCare Canberrra & Goulburn, clinicians are able to work across different programs, thereby utilising their breadth of skills and providing variety in their work.
You will be providing therapeutic counselling to individuals, couples and families, on a range of issues including;
- relationship issues
- communication difficulties,
- parenting matters, including pre and post separation
- grief and loss,
- employment issues,
- focussed psychological strategies for people experiencing mental health issues and suicidality
- Counselling for people receiving NDIS support
- Psychological assessments
- Behaviour Management
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives - we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Mental Health Accredited Social Work
- Registration with APHRA or Membership with AASW.
- Counselling Experience working in the mental health sector with adults and children with complex needs.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to clients presenting with complex issues such as comorbidity and suicide
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Please send your applications to: Amy Kennedy email@example.com
Selection criteria can be found in the position description located here :PD Clinician - Integrated Program 2017
Closing Date: 12/09/2017
*Please note shortlisting and interviews will be ideally undertaken within two weeks of the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn is committed to equal opportunity in employment, and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.